Please Note: this information relates to 2012 event. 2014 information will be available from March 2014.
Last updated Wednesday 7 November 2012
(*Sport information is subject to change)
- Track & Field: Saturday 3 – Monday 5 November 2012
- 5km Road - Power Walk: Saturday 3 November 2012
- 4km & 8km Cross Country: Sunday 4 November 2012
- 10km Road Race Walk: Sunday 4 November 2012
- Day 1: Track & Field 9am start, Road - Power Walk 7am start
- Day 2: Track & Field 9am start, Cross Country/Road Race Walk - 7am start
- Day 3: Track & Field 9am start
- Track & Field - Gold Coast City Athletics Track University Dr (off Parklands Drive), Southport
- 5km Road - Power Walk - Broadwater Parklands, Southport
- 4km & 8km Cross Country - Gold Coast Seaway (The Spit)
- 10km Road Race Walk - Gold Coast City Council Grounds off Bundall Rd, Bundall
- Age is determined as at 3 November 2012
- Minimum age for competition is 30 yrs
- 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95+
- 60m, 100m, 200m and 400m Sprint
- 80m, 100m, 110m, 200m, 300 and 400m Hurdles
- 800m, 1500m and 5000m
- 2000m and 3000m Steeplechase
- 4km and 8km Cross Country
- 3000m and 5000m Race Walk
- 10km Road Race Walk
- 5km Road - Power Walk
- Shot Put
- Weight Throw
- Weight Pentathlon
- Long Jump
- Triple Jump
- High Jump
- Pole Vault
- Sport Fee: $30 for first event, $7 for each additional event
- Games Fee: $100 per person ($20 Late fee applied after 31 August)
- All online entries will receive a $5 discount
- Friday 5 October 2012 – NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED - NOW CLOSED
- Please click here for the Athletics Competition Schedule.
- Please click here for the Athletics Entrants List.
- Be the first to know it's available by keeping up to date via Facebook and Twitter.
For registration and general Games enquiries contact:
Phone: 07 5668 9888
For sport specific enquires contact:
Athletics Sport Convenor
Alf & Karen Lakin
Phone: 0458 189 638
Additional Athletics Information:
- To review the World & Australian Hurdles & Implements Specifications please click here.
- Athletes in sprint events must record their best time in the previous 12 months in the space provided to assist heat seeding.
- High Jump and Pole Vault must record their starting height in the space provided.
- Pole vault athletes will be required to supply their own poles. Poles may be hired through the Facility Manager.
- A final program of events including event start times will be available after entries have closed and the number of participants has been determined for each event. The program will be available on the Games website www.mastersgames.com.au
- Where the number of entries determines, events may go straight to a final.
- For sprint events where heats are required, the heats for those age groups will be conducted first, followed by finals for other age groups and then finals for those age groups who ran heats.
- Uniforms are not compulsory.
- The weight pentathlon will be conducted in conjunction with each individual throws event over the three competition days. Competitors do not need to enter the individual throws events to compete in the Weight Pentathlon (unless you also wish to compete for a medal in the individual event/s).
- The 10km Road Race and Track Race Walks are competition race walks not power walking.
- The 5km Road - Power Walk is a non-competitive walk. Medals will not be awarded however all participant will receive a certificate.
- Cross Country competitors are only able to enter one distance.
- Relays will be conducted on day three of competition. No medals will be awarded for these events. Entries will be taken on the day of the event.
- Competition will be conducted under International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and World Masters Athletics (WMA) rules.
- The competition is presented by Queensland Masters Athletics and is sanctioned by Australian Masters Athletics Inc.